Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Wrap Up

Well, here we are at the end of the weekend and almost the end of the month of March. Time, as usual, is flying by. It feels like we just finished celebrating Christmas and now Easter is upon us.

Several new things are happening in our home/family. Kayla passed one of her final nursing class tests and sent a text messsage telling us to order the cake as she was for sure graduating. LOL As if we ever doubted that. LOL Shelby passed her GED test and starts a new job tomorrow. Tom is slated to return to work in the oil field in May. We are still making the slow transition to get off processed foods and we have found a raw milk supplier as well as a raw cheese supplier. And I am still struggling to adjust to college at the age of 40+. :)

It is still my desire to blog regularly, though I don't know how/if that will ever become reality. Too much of my life seems to be lived in "reaction" rather than "proaction", but I am trying.

Something that a missionary said last week at our church really inspired me. He said "sometimes the road forward is found by going backwards". It is something I have really been pondering on. There are many things that I used to do much better than I do now and I think it was a timely word from the Lord for me to hear that.

So, here's to the end of March and the beginning of April, the end of the weekend and the beginning of a new week. Let's all be and do everything God has for us to do.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Hi there-I didn't realize you had moved over to blogger-you were on my friend list at HSblogger & I was trying to catch up on friends. Congrats to your dd with her nursing school (I'm an RN & it is hard work earning that license I know). Congrats to your son getting his GED. You went back to college? Your new blog is very cute. Holly (applesofgold)