Monday, October 25, 2010

Not Sure Why I Bother

Well, I'm not really sure why I even bother to keep a blog. I certainly do not have the ability to keep it up or even come up with anything interesting to say. Which I guess is why I also don't have many "followers" either - lol.

I feel constantly weary.  Part of it is physical as I am not in great shape, but I believe most of it is spiritual. I am just worn out. I am tired of the consequences of my own personal disobedience, I am tired of suffering second hand from the consequences of disobedience my family members are enduring, I am tired of Satan dogging my heels every where I turn. I am tired of the church being so worldly that you can't tell where the world ends and the church begins. I am tired of the ineffectiveness of the church because of their love affair with the world. I am tired of longing for something different, yet never being able to find it. I am weary of feeling like a failure every day of my life.

While I do try to encourage myself by reading Scriptures and reminding myself that the "joy of the Lord is my strength", I can't help but tell you that more often than not what my heart is sliently (and sometimes not so silently) crying out is this: "Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus!"  I believe that I am not the only one who is worn down and weary of this world we are living in. Even our earth, I believe, is crying out to God for His return.

Until then, I can only keep on putting one foot in front of the other and hoping that I can overcome the wearyness good enough that I can be a witness to others. For it is a sure thing, one day (and maybe very soon) our Lord is returning and I want to be found ready and I want all my family to be ready too, as well as my friends.

Lord, give me your strength and your energy to rise above the wearyness and to soar like an Eagle until your return!

No comments: