Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Terrific Tuesday

Well, Tuesday nights is our usual bible study fellowship night, but we decided to combine it with a New Year's Eve party this year, so we moved it to Thursday night this week. Thought that would give me a night off of major cooking, but then Shelby called inviting her and the family to come eat with us. LOL That's okay - that just meant I got time with the grand younguns! Super fun time!

The Lord never ceases to amaze me. The work I do from home gets pretty slim through the holidays and for the past several days I have had no work at all to do. I was stressing about how pitiful my check was going to be and so after logging in this morning and getting the "no jobs available" message, I was a little frantic and threw up a short prayer that went something like, "God, I NEED work!" and then decided to reply to some emails. About 30 minutes later, I decided to check for work again and one came to my queue! I was elated, so I typed it, then got another one, and then another. I was afraid to take a break in case the work would run out. LOL I had a goal of 1000 lines today and after 5 hours of typing I had reached 972 lines and THEN I got the message, "no jobs available." God has a sense of humor, doesn't He? I was so very thankful for the work today. Of course, coming off of a week of severe back pain, all that sitting did not do me much good in that department, but the song in my heart knowing that God heard my cry for work and answered me so quickly made the back pain much more tolerable. So much so that I am asking God for the same miracle tomorrow and Thursday, which is the last day of the pay period.

We really do serve an awesome God and even if He hadn't chosen to answer my prayer and send work my way (and that has happened a lot too), He is still worthy of my praise and adoration. It is not because of what He does that makes me want to serve Him, but it is because of Who He Is!

The year 2009 has been a very difficult one for us financially and honestly, from my perspective, no change seems evident on the horizon of 2010, but you know what, whether or not we find financial stability again or not, I serve a God who is stable and who will never fail me and I am humbled to know He loves me enough to die for me and cover all my sins with his shed blood. Truly now, THAT is an amazing God!

No comments: