Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

1-1-11  It is officially here!  The beginning of 2011!  It is the time when people make goals for things they hope to accomplish over the next 12 months.  I, like most everyone else, have a list of goals I want to shoot for this year as well.  I make them every year, but sad to say, for the most part, at the end of the 12 months I have not really achieved any of the goals I set.  This year I hope to change that.  At the top of my "list" this year is to "be intentional".  If I can do that, then I should at least be able to end this next year with some success.

Every year one of my main goals is to get more organized.  I can get things organized somewhat but maintaining it is where I run into difficulty.  For years, I have heard how having a planner is the best thing for getting and staying organized and I would agree, I think.  I have bought too many planners to count and while each one of them was "just the one" I thought would work, I just never seemed to get much past the "setting it up" stage.  I do believe that using one would really help me in terms of keeping my life more organized and so it is one of my top priorities this year.  There are many goals I have and maybe if I can get it organized on paper, I will eventually be able to see progress in every goal I've set.

I know I've said it before, but another top goal of mine is to maintain my blog on a regular basis.  I have thought about setting a specific purpose for my blog so as to attract more readers perhaps, and I have had some ideas about how to do that, but overall, I really want my blog to just be an extension or record of who I am.  So it will likely have many components.  I hope to soon be able to design it better, but I haven't had the funds to hire a designer for it and I would honestly prefer to learn how to design it myself so I could change it as often as I wanted.  In the meantime, I will just work with what I've got and be grateful for it.:)

So, as 2011 gets underway, I hope we all can believe for a better year ahead and that we will all be more intentional in our living, and that when the dawn of 2012 approaches, we can look back and see how far we've come!

No comments: