Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year 2012!

It is officially 2012!!!!

I love the start of a new year.  It always feels like I've been given a clean slate to write on.  I had intended to spend part of the day writing out my new goals for the year, but instead I spent part of it catching up on sleep.  I am showing my age and lack of physical agility I suppose, but sharing a bed with a 4-year-old grandson does not make for a good night's sleep for this Nana, but I can't make him sleep in the spare bedroom when he's slept with us since birth (when he's with us that is).  I know at some point he will transition to the spare bed, but I'll just deal with it till then.  :)

Anyway, Tom finally got the last window installed today.  He will start casing them in this week and then I am going to start painting before we put up the new trim.  Of course, I am also starting a winterfest class this week, so getting around to the painting is going to be a challenge.  Hopefully, some of the kids will take pity on us and give us a hand.

I watched Facing the Giants this afternoon..  It was a good movie to watch on New Year's Day.  It speaks to me so deeply every time I watch it and with all that the Lord has been laying on my heart in the past few months, it all seems to be pushing me toward some very needed changes in my spiritual life in this new year.  I am scared, but excited.  I know that whatever the Lord leads me to, if I am obedient, the end result will be better than anything my mind can imagine.

I am so grateful for all the Lord has done in my life in 2011 and all the many blessings He has given to us, but I am also looking forward to 2012 as I take my walk with the Lord to new depths and experience more of His loving kindness and grace and mercy in my life.

No comments: