Sunday, May 29, 2011

Six Months Later

I need to face facts -- I may never be a blogger.  I have made multiple attempts at being a blogger, but it just never happens.  First of all, I am really not a writer.  I can't come up with catchy things to say and though I think my family gives me a lot of fodder, so to speak, I can't really articulate it in a way that makes for great reading.

However, there are many times I feel a compelling urge to jot down my thoughts.  So, I am going to try a new approach to my blog.  I am just going to share what is on my heart and mind.  If it's not appealing to you, it won't offend me in the least if you don't want to read it.  I am not doing this blog for the sake of having multiple readers.  It is just a place for me to get my thoughts out of my head where I can come back and look later. 

Some of the interesting things going on in my life currently is that I just finished my freshman year of college.  I got all A's this semester, so I am pretty proud of that.  Only 3 more years to go!  :)  Kayla, our oldest daughter, has just finished her first year of nursing.  It has been a difficult year for her adjusting to life outside of college and in the working world, but I think she has done splendid and her heart is still set on being a missionary to Haiti and the Lord is moving her along in that direction.  Not as quickly as she would like, but He is moving and I know He has a perfect plan for her.  Shelby, our middle daughter, is engaged and is planning on a fall wedding.  Lindsay, our youngest, is still trying to decide what she wants to do.  Right now she is working almost full time at Sonic and loving it and is saving money for a car.  No firm decision yet made on schooling but we are still in negotiations.  LOL  Our grandson is growing like a weed and is the apple of our eyes!  We get him every weekend as his momma works 12 hour shifts on the weekends at a local nursing home.

Lately, I've been reading several books that have really been ministering to me and causing me to question and think on deeper things.  That is good.... but with knowledge also comes responsibility.  The Word of God says that we are to be "doer's of the Word", not only hearers.  I have learned so much recently in many areas of my life, which is also part of the reason I wanted to rekindle this blog.  Even if it isn't eloquent, I want to keep a record of all that I am learning and thinking on and also record what I am "doing" in response to it.

So, we'll see how I do.  Goodnight blog world....hope to see ya tomorrow!

No comments: